Thursday 29 May 2008

a bad days bouldering..

A bit of a bad day climbing wise today, but a good day in general! Went up the nearby hill at Parlick which was damn steep! after this lounging about in the sun I went to do some more at Craig y Longridge. It was a really really poor day of climbing performance on my part, i think it must just be the overhanging nature of the crag, but I got flash pumped pretty much immediately and and couldn't even climb the route I'd done in the went the previous day! On the plus side, I met some of the locals to the longridge climbing scene, watching a very splendid onsight of Tarot's Plane 6a by a very controlled man who was old enough to be my grandad. The other, younger climber sported a very professional home made bouldering mat; what a crazy lot! No further on Ascent of Man, I think I will have to retire this dream till I'm stronger, or at least have a bouldering mat that isn't made by someones mum under my feet! All in all an entertaining, if slightly layed back few days up north. However I am definately looking forward to getting back to Cardiff to firstly see the missus but also to indulge my new dive into hard sport climbing and also our forthcoming bolting project. woo! J

No comments: