Monday 2 June 2008

Quickie at Taff's Well

Well I'm back down in Wales again, unfortunately it also means back down to Welsh weather which is notoriously dubious! Once again back at Taffs well due to complete lack of adequate transport to get us any where else! Two routes in around two hours, but this time on the actual flowstone, which, I am surprised to say I don't find as terrible as I first imagined. The first route was relatively straight forward 5+ with a tricky(ish) crux at the top. The second route however might (emphasis on might due to shitty nature of the SWMC's guide for Taffs well!) be Gwesty Cymru 7" Mix which was a 6b. Certainly the moves felt 6bish however the spacing between bolts grew bigger and bigger up to 2 and 1/2 meters between clips and by the third clip it was a bit too bold for me and I backed off. Shame! Olly however managed to get it right the way through to the end with only one rest, a pretty good effort! Hopefully the whether will clear up soon and I can launch back into climbing in better places than the smog infested taff's well!

No comments: