Tuesday 3 June 2008

The Return of The Gap

And what a return it was! This trip just reinforced my conclusion that I have completely and utterly fallen in love with this Crag! All the routes are superb! Encore! Magnifique! And I actually got to climb with Olly today for the first time on a club trip since July! First port of call today was Bluster (6a+) which I failed on last time I was there; today was a bit luckier and I got the entire route clean! The same with it's sister route Fluster (6a+) completely clean! Woo! Then on to my mini project which turns out to be the 6b, Dai Horrea not as I previously thought Turd Strangler. This route was really really fun to work out the sequence of moves and then completely throw them out of the window for a Dyno that worked a hell of a lot better! This was then quickly followed by the most unstylish of rock overs I think I've ever done! After a dogging session of this and then watching Olly ascend the route with a bit more ease than myself (and placing the quickies in!) I got it clean on second attempt (third attempt in total), awesome! another 6b tick (yes thats right Im a filthy grade chaser, at least until my wheel of values swings round again) Olly had  go at Kabuto Mushi and after that Olly Lois, Sally and I had a romp up to the upper quarry to check the bolting there; it didn't really look as appealing and in the end just watched the sun go down and then had a tramp about looking for new crags. All in all another awesomo day! Guess what? I'm going back tommorow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im glad your just being honest, but suppose I should get a 6b clean too just to keep up.