Sunday 15 February 2009

A Day at the Beach.

Well for once the sun was shining, the air was crisp and there was no rain clouds to be seen over South Wales. This had to mean only one thing... a trip to the Seaside! So my girlfriend and I (for it is Valentines day weekend) jumped in the car and drove to Porthcawl for a bit of a wander and a bit of a boulder. The weather was perfect, almost like a summers day, as we meandered up and down the beach looking at various rockpools (well Emily was) and potential boulder problems (I was). It was not really a hardcore session bouldering on my part, more a peruse up and down some sharp problems in the Balanced Boulder Area. I think I sent a new problem in that area at around V0+/V1 but I am not sure so won't send it in to the South Wales Bouldering Guide.

(The red line marks the new problem, however I think it has probably already been climbed before as it is an obvious looking line)

I also found a superb project problem, just round the corner from this area. Its involves two good holds from sitting to a series of undercuts trying to reach past a blank slab to the top. It doesn't look impossible but a bit out of my league at the present moment. However, As i'm not really bothered about development in this area if anybody else wants to know where it is to have a go, I'll send you a more detailed description (sorry I didn't get a picture!).

That's about all for the moment, however if the weather holds Ill soon have some interesting stories to tell about my sandstone bouldering crag. Will keep you all posted, hoped you all have enjoyed your Valentines day weekend!

J xx

No comments: