Wednesday 24 September 2008

UKClimbing Publications

Im afraid I have no new footage or interesting stories to tell you, my avid readers, yet as I have been trying to chillax all this week in preparation for the big day on Friday. In which, the whole committee will be spending the day dressed up in full racks, jangling about in the stuffy, hot and overcrowded Great Hall of the Students Union. For it is, as most CUMC members will undoubtably already know, the Freshers Fayre! Where all the students eager to join a sporting society come down to the Student Union to meander round the crowded hall looking at all the Athletic Union stalls for all the different sports. Climbing has always been one of the biggest clubs in the event, signing up over two hundred members at last years Fayre! So I expect we are all going to get rushed off our feet this year as well, especially with the new tantalizing promise of free hoodies to draw the freshers in! And so I am, as I have already said, resting this week and unfortunately not doing very much crazy climbing stuff to tell you all about. Don't worry though, soon I will be up to my eyeballs in climbing stories once the year starts proper and I have to lead for freshers four times a week again.

In the meantime, I have been trying to get a bit of publication on UKClimbing-, in line with this whole climbing media and communication lark I have been indulging in. I have sent in one article, concerning eight different sensation that climbing can generate in a person. This is an old article, already published here: However I thought I should try to see if more people want to read it, other than just CUMC!.
Additionally, I have entered into the Marmot short film competition, with a reedited version of the Penalta movie, called One Afternoon as Student Climbers Hopefully this will be broadcast on the UKC site, but in case it doesn't here it is:



And thats about it for the moment dear friends- no other news to report.. Except my Girlfriend does come back to Cardiff today! So I'm going to be ultra very happy in all my following posts as she has been in Greece for four months and I haven't really seen her! Wishing you all the best

Love Jamie

No comments: