Monday 11 August 2008

Home, Home, Home

And so from the constant adventurism of the Alps to the monotony of home life. Sadly very little climbing related activity to report; I did go to the Gloucester wall but didn't achieve very much at all, in many respects I've got worse! Except, it appears, on slabs, which wasn't that surprising, seeing as I've been on nothing but slabs for the entirety of the alps!  Upon trying the 7a slab (features only) on the only slab wall the Warehouse has to offer, I managed after a hell of a disco-leg session, to get it completely clean!  However, everything vertical and above utterly defeated me :( Indeed a mere 5c overhangs completely trounced me! Oh well, must get back to the Gap! In the absence of anything climbing related to report about I thought I'd supplement this usually climbing blog with the only other semi interesting thing I've been doing at the moment, Poi. Balls on a string, wave them about, make nice pattern; thats the gist of it. Started playing with them in the alps and seeing as have nothing better to do at home been practicing on them quite a lot! Heres a video of the latest trick, called The Fountain (which took 4 hours to master as I'm a very slow learner!) : 


No comments: